Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Raw Vegan Taco Night

Omggggg this is so tasty and easy! So full of flavor and I felt like a million bucks after dinner instead of disgusting!  I signed up for Boston Organics and got some fresh romaine in the delivery today so that was my wrap.  Jeff plopped his raw vegan taco right into a flour tortilla, so we both win.  




Raw Vegan Tacos for Two:

Walnut meat:
1 cup walnuts soaked in water overnight (or maybe 2 hours if you didn't plan)
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp garlic powder
pinch cayenne
salt to taste

Guac however you make it or this:
1 ripe avocado
1 lime
chopped cherry tomatoes (I used 5)
chopped red onion (about a tbsp)
chopped cilantro (about 1-2 tbsp)
pinch cayenne
1 clove garlic or some garlic powder
salt to taste

Salsa fresca (I bought mine from TJ)
Large romaine leaves (or swiss chard or butter lettuce)

1. Drain soaked walnuts and add 1st 5 ingredients to a food processor.  Pulse until it resembles taco meat, season to taste.  

2. Mash up your avo and add guac ingredients, I like it chunky so maybe take it easy on the mixing.  

3.  Assemble: On big romaine lettuce leaves add your walnut mixture, top with salsa and guac.  Roll up and munge!  

This also works as a taco salad.  Hope you enjoy this raw vegan super healthy and flavorful din din, I may or may not have this again tomorrow.  Let me know what you think!  xoxo




Pure bliss.





No comments:

Post a Comment